Thursday, October 28, 2010

Looking For Mr. GoodFund - The Search for the Perfect Hedge Fund - Prologue



Finding a hedge fund with supersized returns and tiny correlations, is my mission. Is it mission impossible or merely mission difficult? Of course, with perfect hindsight finding a hedge fund that historically had superior performance with a low correlation to the markets is easy.  Finding a hedge fund that can outperform in the future is a different matter all together.

I plan to write a series of blogs about the process as I search for  those hedge funds. It is October 28, 2010 and I hope to have finished my assignment by the end of November. In the next blog I will discuss some of the criteria I will be screening on, and some observations about the hedge fund industry in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment